Lead Advisor - New Market
If winning the day isn’t what gets you out of bed in the morning, you came to the wrong place. There is a career and then there is a mindset, a passion, a purpose—this role falls in the latter group.
Curious. Committed. Continuous growth. Driven to help others above all else. These are a few of the principles we laid out on day one at Brighton Jones, back when we were just a two-person shop. Two decades on, do we take pride in knowing that our 170 employees serve more than 2,000 clients and advise on over $8 billion in assets as one of the nation’s fastest-growing wealth management firms? You bet. But what really gets us going, beyond any singular business achievement, is the fact that each member of our team shares a common set of values. In other words, our vibrant culture is the fuel for our growth.
Here’s where you come in: as part of our mission to help clients, colleagues, and the global community live a richer life, we’re ready to extend our reach to new markets. We want you to embody this entrepreneurial, start-up spirit by leading all local aspects of client service, business development, and recruitment and talent management in a new office, all while leveraging our centralized client experience, marketing, and operations teams.
And don’t worry, you won’t be stuck behind a desk all day. In fact, bias for action is intrinsic to the role, whether it means hustling for new business, networking with your contacts, building brand awareness in the community, setting and tracking data-driven goals, or asking and acting on feedback from clients or colleagues.
Every day presents opportunities. Are you up for the challenge?
What are the responsibilities?
- Advise Brighton Jones clients by helping design, implement and manage the wealth management plan that supports their passions and purpose - their “Life Plan”
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management and General Planning
- Communicate our unique value proposition to prospective clients and work to establish Brighton Jones as their trusted financial advisor
- Develop and expand relationships with centers of influence, such as attorneys and CPAs, resulting in additional business opportunities
- Ensure client retention and satisfaction is high with a relentless focus on remarkable service
- Develop relationships and generate referrals from custodial retail branches
- Develop and deliver on short- and long-term strategic growth business plans
- Drive and lead recruiting, hiring, onboarding and career development efforts for the local market team
- Represent Brighton Jones at public speaking events including community events, industry events etc.
What will set you apart?
- Candidates must have a four-year degree. Additional certifications such as a CFP®, JD, or CPA are also required
- 5+ years in financial and/or estate planning related work, preferably at a professional financial services company or wealth management firm
- Technical expertise in estate, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities.
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial / self-starter by nature
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, as well as interacting with tight-knit team of professionals with a range of financial and tax activities.
Why Brighton Jones?
- Growth – We are 170 people strong and growing, creating lots of new opportunities for our teams
- Customer obsessed – We retain 99% of our clients year over year.
- Employee-first mentality - As a group of individuals who love what we do and enjoy who we work with, we know that the genuine relationships we build with each other positively affect our clients and their experience of working with us. We’re intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates individual initiative. Recognized as a “Best Places to Work” recipient in several of our markets over the past decade.
- Service model – We are fee-only fiduciary advisors for our clients, focusing on their overall financial wellness and happiness beyond the balance sheet, not just their investments.
- In-house expertise – We have experts in tax, real estate, philanthropic giving, legacy planning, and estate planning, among others.
- Operations team – We have built an operations team that takes on all the back-office needs, allowing our local market teams to focus on the front-office work of getting and keeping clients.
- Proven business development process – We have an organic growth model that helps our local teams achieve their goals.
- Compassion – People are happiest when doing things for others. We believe in giving back to the communities we work in and the global community. Each teammate gets unlimited days off annually to work with their chosen charitable organization. Recognized as top philanthropic organization.
- Work / life Balance – All work and no play make for grumpy teammates. We offer several awesome benefits, summer Fridays, team days, and mindfulness training, to name a few.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Values are:
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.