William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist the Wealth Planning team in the analysis and preparation of wealth plans for existing and prospective clients. Perform cash-flow modeling, risk management/insurance analysis, educational modeling, estate plan document preparation, and tax planning.
• Build knowledge of investments, insurance, income/gift/estate taxation, retirement planning. Perform research as directed by senior Wealth Planning staff. Consult with outside professionals when necessary. Synthesize findings into relevant content for wealth plans.
• Assist the Wealth Planning team with data gathering, data input, plan analytics, drafting correspondence and creating financial planning exhibits.
• Perform wealth planning analyses such as cash flow planning, investment planning/asset allocation, income tax planning, risk protection/insurance, retirement planning and estate planning.
• Collect and maintain client data according to established policies and requirements.
• Respond to client inquiries/service requests in a timely and proactive manner. Identify and communicate issues/potential problems that may require escalation.
• Ensure all wealth planning activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Additional responsibilities as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• CFP (or working towards a CFP) preferred
• 2-5 years of experience in wealth planning required
• Series 7, 63/65 (or 66) licenses required; SIE Exam, Series 7, and Series 63/65 (or 66) must be acquired within 120 days of employment (new hires - post 10/1/2018, for US only)
• Maintain licenses by meeting required CPE hours
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Client service oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Salesforce software