Associate Planner/ Paraplanner
Facet is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What we Believe
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We take great pride in being the stakeholders and builders of our destiny
- Perfection is the enemy of progress. We rapidly iterate to learn as quickly as possible.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- We take our mission seriously, but also remember to have fun!
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
What You Will Do
You will be an extension of the Facet family and a key player in helping our planners deliver incredible comprehensive financial life management to our clients. As a paraplanner/associate planner, you will collaborate with an awesome team of planners, supporting the work they do and contribute to the delivery of an unparalleled client experience (you should see our NPS scores!). At Facet, we are firm believers that human planners are the key to true quality advice and Facet provides our lead planners the tools and innovative technology to help clients achieve their goals. Your job is to provide our planners the analyses and deliverables they need to do their best for our clients. You’ll be focused on supporting a team of lead planners by creating financial analyses related to, but not limited to cash flow, retirement, debt paydown, investment proposals, and portfolio comparisons. In addition to organizing client information, following up with clients, and making preliminary recommendations, you will work in an exciting and collaborative team environment with motivated and dedicated team members.
What You Won’t Do
We will never ask you to develop business or sell on our behalf. We ask our planning team to do three things: as a paraplanner/associate planner, be a part of our client’s Facet team, enabling planners to provide our clients with world-class service, and always act in the best interest of our clients.
Why This Job Is Awesome
We are a passionate group of people who wholeheartedly believe in always acting in the best interest of our clients. We have fun, take every day as a new challenge and encourage creativity. If you thrive in transparency, constant role evolution and aren’t too bad at darts and cornhole, apply now!
Specific Job Requirements:
- CFP® certificant, CFP® candidate that has passed the CFP® exam OR CFP® candidate that has taken and passed all required coursework and can pass the exam within 24 months of employment
- Directly support a team of lead planners working remotely across the country
- Professionally and objectively build custom financial deliverables ensuring the highest quality product
- Help prepare lead planners for client meetings, including collecting, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
- Work with team members to complete follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to recording meeting notes, completing additional planning or investment management tasks, and / or coordinating work.
- Handle some client service responsibilities, including but not limited to conducting account reviews, and addressing client related communications.
- Provide lead planners with client asset management solutions, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, coordination of client withdrawal needs, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio rebalancing, and assisting with the implementation of new client’s portfolios.
- Develop and prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by team members.
- Partner with operations team members to manage all client account operational items including but not limited to submitting requests for account paperwork, initiating and tracking transfers and account funding, service requests, and client online account access.
- If needed, provide direct client support to clients.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- It is expected that you will have a desire to pursue additional industry and financial planning related continuing education. We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Background and experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment, and risk management concepts
- Excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools – This is critical as we are not only a financial services company but also a tech startup!
- Dedicated to developing a career in the financial services industry with the potential for advancement within the company
- Some travel required for company wide meetings
- Competitive salary and equity: we pay up for great talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program (side note: We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!).
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives