Feel the financial industry needs a good cleaning
Believe getting the little things right leads to getting the big things right
Take responsibility and own your successes and mistakes
Enjoy the process of pursuing excellence as much as the results
Relentlessly pursue improving the financial security of the American worker
Are performance driven
Believe professionalism requires bold and complete transparency
Care more about your talent, values, and performance than your experience
This individual is responsible for the retirement plan performance as it relates to employees on track for retirement. Effectively monitoring and calculating auto feature recommendations for plan sponsor clients and helping employees take actionable steps towards improving their retirement readiness.
- Conduct retirement guidance meetings with participants of the retirement plan and discuss topics such as plan overview, investments, retirement checkup, and distributions via phone/videoconference.
- Emphasis on gathering data, analyzing, and making auto feature recommendations for plan sponsor clients.
- Provide accountability to goals through regular measurement and reporting
- Thoroughly understand and comply with the Pension Protection Act of 2006
- Work closely with other departments to provide a high level of client service, and continuously enhance customer satisfaction
- Must be comfortable presenting complex material in a transparent and easy to understand manner in large group settings, as well as individually
- Pursue the Purpose of the firm and demonstrate our Core Values in all interactions with stakeholders of the firm and the public
- Be a thought leader in the area of retirement plan education
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. May include some overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
- Listening – Active listener, empathetic, and patient. Tuned into the opinions, feelings, and needs of others.
- Likability – Emotional intelligence, warm, friendly, genuine
- Oral Communications – communicates well one-on-one, in small groups, and public speaking. Keeps other informed.
- Performance Orientation - A need to be objective and to measure performance.
- Intelligence – Acquires understanding and absorbs information rapidly.
- Energy/Drive – High dedication and energy. Strong desire to achieve.
- Tenacity – Passionately strives to achieve results. Strong desire to win. Doesn’t give up.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present in front of large and small group settings
- Good understanding of financial planning principles
- Well organized and process oriented
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
Knowledge, Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or related field required
- 1-3 years of industry experience preferred